Sunday 26 February 2012

The Power of God's Will


While I was browsing my Twitter account, I chanced upon this quote from a famous user: "It's hard to forget someone whom you had happy memories together." For some people, they might pertain this line to their love partners. But for me, Wawa Bas, as we call her, instantly registered to my mind while reading. We may have minimal memories together, but I would consider those as moments worth keeping.

   I can still remember the day when my father requested me to be her "little nurse" for a couple of days. Since it was our Semestral Break and boredom just hit me, I agreed to his request. Upon entering, I saw Lola Bas alone, lying on her bed and watching a noontime show. I can sense her suffering on her medication to fight for her life. My father, then, left me with her after instructing me on what to do. On that day, it was my task to take care of her. But then, it seemed like I was the one being taken care of. She would frequently ask if I have eaten lunch, if i was comfortable on lying on her bed and some sort of stuffs. I know how caring and compassionate she was. She would think of others' necessities rather than hers. I even admired her strong devotion to God amidst her life distress. Everyday, I yearn to be her little nurse once again.

  I supposed that this was God's way of adding memories with her on her remaining days on earth. This is His way for us to spend with her in just a couple of months to take care of her and show our deep love to her.

   I know and I can feel our deep agony to Wawa Bas' passing. She somehow left traces of good memories and life lessons to us. We may not have her in times of merriment and hardships, but still she will spiritually watch us and join us as we struggle in the test of time. But for now, I'm just going to miss her. :'((

No comments:

Post a Comment

This area is allotted for compliments and suggestions. Please be wise in posting :)

THIS!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...